As we begin diving into various topics related to player performance, coaching, and parenting young athletes, we wanted to share the 3 pillars of ADAPT.
MISSION - We strongly support defining your "WHY"
- How do you expect to get somewhere you’ve never been without a map?
- How does it feel to go through any experience without purpose?
- How do we expect to navigate rough waters, social pressures, and make hard decisions if we don’t have something that keeps us grounded?
MINDSET - How you view the circumstances and environments around you have strong correlations of the outcomes.
- How do you manage success?
- How do you face obstacles?
- How do you view setbacks, challenges, and the unknown?
- What’s your daily process that can be used at home, in the classroom, on the field, and every area of life?
MENTAL STRENGTH - Tangible strategies to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Before you can control the environment you’re in, you must first have control of yourself.
- What makes YOU tick?
- Value of breathing properly
- Time. Place. Technique
- The power of using mental images to increase performance
- What are you telling yourself?
- Effective vs Ineffective
- Thought streams
If you can identify your MISSION, bring awareness to your MINDSET, and trust your MENTAL STRENGTH, there is no doubt you can improve your experiences in the classroom, on the field, and in every other area of life!
As we go through each week, we will tackle ALL these concepts. We will provide strategies, techniques, and tangible steps that will help you become the player, coach, and parent you want to be! These lessons can be used for years to come!
Until next time, please continue sending questions and comments to
- MAKE IT MATTER, BEFORE IT MATTERS -