TIME TO ADAPT!
Some of you have been to one of our ADAPT workshops. Depending on which you attended, you may have been a part of our discussion regarding how the environment/context have a direct correlation with behavior.
Depending on what’s going on around us, we may experience happiness, motivation, excitement, etc. The flipside is also true. If we're surrounded by people/events that discourage us, our motivation and happiness levels go down.
Did you know you brain goes through chemical changes depending on these environments? In fact, there is a defined chemical that is linked to all of this!
What is it?
Dopamine is an important chemical messenger in the brain that has many functions.
- It’s involved in reward, motivation, memory, attention and even regulating body movements.
- When dopamine is released in large amounts, it creates feelings of pleasure and reward, which motivates you to repeat a specific behavior
- Dopamine is an important brain chemical that influences your mood and feelings of reward and motivation. It helps regulate body movements as well.
- For further reading: Here
If you want the short version of how we can naturally increase dopamine levels, here are some ideas:
- Discover new things. Exciting things!
- List small tasks for the day and accomplish them.
- Listen to music
- Pay attention to the food you eat- good inputs = good outputs
- Make/Build/Create things
- Surround yourself with inspiring people
- S.M.A.R.T.S. MINDSET! (UPCOMING BLOGS/VIDEOS)
Just a reminder: There are times when we have control of the environments we’re in. But when we don’t have control of the environment (game situations, classroom settings, etc.), we have control of how we respond to those circumstances and how we decide to behave!
Keep sending in comments and questions! We LOVE the connections! Send to: INFO@ADAPTABA.COM
Have a GREAT week!
-Make It Matter, Before It Matters-